Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Halle Loves Olives


My granddaughter Halle loves olives. I'm not sure why, but she does. She would eat an entire can if we didn't prevent it. She will eat a whole meal of just olives, if allowed.


Just prior to our Thanksgiving feast, she put ten of them on her fingers and proceeded to eat each one carefully. There were only a few left in the dish, so her mother said, "Now, Halle, put some of those back so that others can have some."


Like any good girl, she removed several from her tiny fingers, and put them back in the bowl. It was now unclear to all of us which olives had been on her fingers, and which ones were fresh. I believe the only person eating olives on Thanksgiving was Halle, because, she just loves olives.

2 comments:

Angela said...

wow...I could have swore that was an old picture of Avery! I like olives too but was never smart enough to contaminate a whole bowl full so I could keep them to myself. Your granddaughter is a genious.

Jim said...

Yes! My granddaughter IS a genius!